6.08.2013

Got an itch...

This blog may be the most inconsistent thing I've ever done... or not done...  I have grand dreams of writing and printing every year with hopes of having a great annual keepsake to help me be able to recall the events of our years, our kids, and whatnot...  kinda like exercising- hoping it's never to late to start again I guess.

We are about to embark on, wait for it... our 10th year of CrossCamp.  TEN YEARS...  that landmark of a number is in all honesty one of the biggest reasons I'm going back.  Definitely not because I'm eager to chase around wild child #3 all week.  And I have poison ivy again.  (Hence the title...) and shortly after that's all said and done, I head back to the Buckeye State for several days to welcome nieces #4 and #5 into the world, only to then leave my littles there, bring my big kid home, pack us up again and fly to Europe for 10 days.  All of these things are reason for great excitement, but instead tonight, my heart is just overwhelmed with it all.  ALL of the preparation, the emotion of leaving my babies behind, (and being away on the youngest's 2nd birthday) and not to mention the LAUNDRY... I think I just wanna stay home and take 'em to the pool every day instead.

But tonight I stumbled on this lady...  www.aimee-weaver.blogspot.com one of my favorite home decor/thrifting bloggers... and was reminded of a picture she painted that I really wanna put in my house... if you look back two posts you'll see it...  it says


so I think I'll take it to heart.  Thank you God, for speaking your restful spirit into my heart tonight.  Let it resonate through my mind as I sleep and make this reminder carry over into my day as I worship you tomorrow.  In all of your mercy and grace, whisper this to me everytime I need to hear it... 

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

No comments: