9.25.2008

Deep

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. "

The night before last, I had the privilege along with many of you, to take part in the homecoming of the much anticipated daughter of some friends from church. Her story can be read here. And yes it was full of emotion, and yes I cried big croccodile tears and held Reese Cup as close as I could seeing how she was on her Daddy's hip, but the one thing rolling over and over through my mind was that scripture passage in Ephesians 3... especially the part in bold. I mean, what a picture of our salvation! The lengths that they had to go through to be able to call her by their name, and they did it all gladly... nothing was going to keep her from them any longer.

Amidst all the applause and excitement and tears, the Lord spoke to my heart in that moment and said "This is just a small picture of how excited I get over you, Heather. As much as you know that they've loved this precious girl for months before they ever got to hold her or see her with their own eyes, I love you even more. The love that you see being expressed before you is just a fraction of the way I celebrate over you. And not just you, but this driveway full of my children that you rejoice with tonight."

No comments: