9.18.2008

Yea For a Good Day

First things first.... do you spell that "yay" or "yeah"? All opinions welcomed and encouraged...

(thanks for the spelling, sister) :)

OK- onto the important stuff.

I heart Beth Moore. I'm considering putting in a special request that our mansions be at least on the same block in heaven, that way we can get together for Starbucks at least once a week. (because we all know that even though I don't drink coffee, the taste of their hot chocolate and the aroma of everything else really is a little bit of heaven on earth, therefore there must be Starbucks in heaven...) This will all happen of course on the other side of this life, after my mind has been made perfect enough for me to really wrap my brain around all the stuff she passes on that God has taught her about His word. Why couldn't I have found such sheer joy in learning all of this when I was actually sitting through Bible college?



I also heart Beth Dunn. This'll be my second go-round with her as my Bible Study leader, and although my experience with Daniel last year would've been enough to bring me back to another LPM study, Beth Dunn sent that choice over the top for me. Even if she did get me for being late this morning because of my pre-Bible Study Starbucks run... which really wasn't why I was running late in the first place, but c'mon- isn't the fact that I didn't get to enjoy one drop of it enough because I dropped it in the parking lot?



Despite the fact that I sacrificed my $3 hot chocolate to the facelift-receiving blacktop that was a preschool parking lot, I lay here tonight contented, happy, and grateful for a very fulfilling day. See... Wags here has a self-diagnosed case of a little something called o.c.d. Jaws are dropping all around blogville, I'm sure, but you must believe me, it's true... if ever something was instilled into me as a child, it was an obsessive, compulsive desire to be this perfectly domestic wife and mother, and when my house gets away from me or I have to go more than a few days without preparing a good, hearty, healthy, cooked-mostly-from-scratch meal for my family, something in my brain starts going a little haywire. (All people ever did was brag on my Mama and her Momming abilities... what else can I do but try to emulate all the stuff I saw in her? I don't know that I ever will, but Lord knows I'll die trying.) In all seriousness here- unless I am intentional about not letting those things control my mind... THEY DO! And when you're only home for 9 out of the past 21 days, and 5 of those 9 days are either spent sick or running around planning a party and having company, none of those things like keeping my house organized and making dinner happen in my book. Today though, boy oh boy, Bible study was attended, a list of chores I hoped to complete were actually completed, piano lessons were taught, and (drumroll please) dinner was served. I think I actually enjoyed some television tonight with my family, and watched and heard Reese REALLY crack up laughing for the first time as we played in the floor. (seriously... y'all have never seen a kid gasp for air and belly laugh like this before. ooh I love that girl.) Add to that the great deal I found on the comfy new bedding the Wagoner's are sleeping in tonight, and you've just summed up a great day.

Since my house is actually somewhat under control again, I think my brain will finally allow for some reminiscing of the past couple weeks. Unfortunately the plug still has not arrived from my parents' in order to pull pictures off of my external drive from Reese's first birthday party, but in order to appease Big T I have managed to get the Tennesse party pictures off of my new and improved camera.

Which brings me to this tiny little rabbit trail... for Reese's birthday, Mama decided that she needed a new toy as well. Mama got one of these, and I. am. loving. it.
Move over piano... a career in amateur photography may be in my very near future.

So, here is the birthday girl... one year and one week old as of when this picture was taken, sporting a bow that will surely get her inducted in the hair bow mafia soon... we're keeping our fingers crossed on that one.

Something clicked in this chick's brain when she hit the big one, and that rotten look you see on her face is just that... pure what-can-I-get-myself-into meanness. I could go on again on how I can't imagine or hardly remember what I did before God gifted us with such a precious child, but sappy 1 year old post got me nowhere before, so let's move onto some more pictures, shall we?
Up first, the ever popular Big Nanny. I can't imagine a party being complete without her, and we were oh so excited that she came! Seeing as how Reese refused to smile sweetly with her beloved Big Nanny, I figured we'd just choose the best out of the five pictures of the BN herself... she with her signature pink and her snazzy haircut sure is looking good isn't she? :)



Next in the party pictures are my six extra arms... Cathy (we like to refer to her as the third Nana), Molly (who has been working tirelessly to get Reese just to say Molly. Keep working, girl- it'll come soon, I'm sure!) and Hannah. (who Reese actually just calls... Hannah!)



And no party is complete without your girlfriends, right?


And of course the boyfriend, too!!!


Last but definitely not least, Papaw and Mia!
3rd cousin Emmah and Mia

Being prayed over by Papaw... (looking good in his plaid!!!) :)


And of course... Mama and Daddy with their big girl!


Let's not forget the CAKE!!!

Mind you the HAIRBOW is STILL in tact! I mean, let's not lose sight of what's important here!

So there you have it... the big ONE in all it's birthday glory. Hopefully Reese will forgive me for the time it took to post all the festivities. Tune in soon for some good puke stories... (Hear them here first before Reagan tries to use them as a sermon illustration somewhere!) :)

3 comments:

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

I go with Yeah! I am glad you are getting back to the swing of things. Us OCD folks need what we call normal! Here is to having many more normal super mom days. BTW - you are an awesome mom!

Erin said...

I use "Yeah" as well. And what a little cutie Reese is! You'll be sure to capture some great pics with that new snazzy camera. We have the Rebel XTi and love it. I have read the manual many times and still don't always know what I'm doing! F stop, aperture, ISO, what?! But surely you're a better photographer than me. :)

Big Nanny said...

I use "yeah" too.

Thanks for posting the best BN picture, I truly appreciate it. And yes, your hair bow mafia membership paperwork is being processed as we speak. Only because you took the advice from your sister to increase her head to bow ratio.

I heart Reese. She is a sweet and beautiful baby. I was glad to come to her party and thanks for giving me the honor of praying over her on her special day.