1.23.2009

A Sad Day

Seems like we've been on the go non-stop since the weekend before Christmas... probably because we have. :) But hopefully things are fixin' to slow down for a while. I'm back at my parents to retrieve my daughter who spent last weekend with them while Reagan and I went to the STS Conference with our students... (which is a whole post in itself... somehow being left at Mia and Papaw's while Mama is away always brings out more teeth... seriously- it's happened 3 times in a row now! And teeth always mean fever and vomiting and a puny Reese cup. My poor mom- Reese is gonna grow up thinking "My Mia always took such good care of me when I was sick... but where was my Mama?" lol) Hopefully after we get home tomorrow we won't have to leave again for a while.

This will go down in the book as a very sad day during time spent at home however... please let me introduce you to the family dog, Brutus.

(Here he is modeling Dad's glasses for us... he he)

Named for "Brutus the Buckeye", this dog was a brilliant, sweet, cuddly, loveable black labrador.
Sadly I use the word was, because this sweet pup was hit on the road today and taken from us suddenly. I'm not a dog fan, y'all, but I cried when the sweet gentleman who hit him knocked on the door to tell us what had happened... just minutes before he was let out he was resting his head on my lap wooing me to pet him with his big dark eyes. I hurt more for my dad and sister... I'd say they loved him the most.



So here's a little tribute to Brutus, taken last week... a little trick he did where we put a treat on his nose and he'd sit there for as long as it took until we told him to fetch it up... watch your fingers at that point though! :)

We miss you already boy.

No comments: