1.29.2009

The Verdict Is In...

Well, as fast as she is growing... here's hoping the flap on her left ureter does the same.

Turns out Reese does indeed have stage 3 reflux that affects her left kidney. (The right one is working just fine.) My niece actually had the same thing only it affected both of her kidneys, and she outgrew it in less than a year. No problems to worry about so far, and she'll be on antibiotics until she either outgrows it or has it fixed surgically. Pumping antibiotics down her throat daily for the next year or so goes against everything I stand for when it comes to how we eat and live... so here's to going against my grain. Thanks for everyone who's checked on her and prayed for her today. The test went "smoothly" with no fighting, though lots of screaming and over ten minutes of trying to calm her down after the test were involved. I wasn't the one laying on the table and I know my nerves were shot when it was all said and done.

So now I'm looking for ways to "count it all joy..." and I decided to thank God for the technology and medicine to find these things so my baby doesn't suffer kidney failure at some point in her life! Good thing to be thankful for, huh?!?

No comments: