8.30.2008

The Year in Review

There are two ways that stand out in my mind today that God has chosen to show his love and blessing on my life in a real tangible way... a way that I can really touch and feel and sense and know. These two ways always make me think of a favorite verse of mine.

“And Mary treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart.”

I remember the first time I felt I really related to what Mary was feeling at the moment Scripture spoke of her in such a way. It was May 22, 2004. Someone had told me not to get so caught up in the busy-ness of my wedding day that I didn’t remember any of it, and so I made it a point to drink in every moment that I could. I’ll never forget it. God gave me the gift of Reagan. A gift I can hold and feel that blesses my life on a daily basis.

The next time I really remember truly treasuring a moment, came just over 3 years later, and exactly one year ago today.

A lifelong dream came true on August 30,2007 as God brought Anna Reese safely into the world and gave us the gift of a precious daughter. Again I say, I've treasured every minute and look back through the past year thinking I've never felt so fulfilled and never loved a child the way that I've fallen in love with her. Today was a little bittersweet as the uncontrollable was reminded to me that yes, she indeed must grow up. Didn't make me as sad as I thought it would though. A little yes, don't get me wrong, but more than that it filled me with joy just to watch her and to think of all of the little things she's accomplished over the past 12 months. I took some time tonight to look back through a year's worth of shots... amazingly enough I compressed it all into under 5 minutes. (Yes, that was a warning that this is indeed 5 minutes long.)



Reese- you are a joy and a blessing to raise, to teach, to love, to rock, to bathe, to change, to read to, to giggle and play with, to watch grow and learn. I love pouring my life into you and having your in our home and as part of our family. You have enriched my life more in this past year that I ever would’ve imagined.

Mama loves you, baby. Happy 1st Birthday.

No comments: