8.14.2008

Dinner Anyone?

So a little before 8 this morning after I jumped out of bed to try to catch the trash man (which I failed at) Reagan's phone rings... it's this guy.

Meet Charley. Charley goes to TSC... plays sometimes in the band for the student ministry. Charley is now one of my new favorite people. This is where Charley works...

Today was the grand opening for Moe's in Spring Hill. Charley called to give us a heads up that of the first 100 people to be in line, nearly the first 50 were already there.

OK- boil some water, make some oatmeal, grab some toys, clothes, and diapers... brush your teeth and oh yeah... don't forget your sleeping child, and we're off. Where's Reagan? Talking smack from THE SHOWER about how he's gonna beat me there? Whatever... I'm out the door. See you when you get there, babe.

Time of arrival- 8:45ish and I get one of these.

Lookin' good, huh? My first thought was... OK, couldn't I have run to Target and bought some sticky notes and done this myself? Oh well...
Anyway, thus began our 2 hour and 15 minute wait for the opening. Reagan, the Holtz family, my Aunt Kathy, Kerah, and Emmah arrive shortly thereafter. Reese was a trooper, sitting in her stroller eating her oatmeal and yogurt while still in her jammies and watching Nemo on her DVD player. Eventually she got dressed and had fun screaming at all the people in line behind her.
Which included her Daddy... 10 people behind us. :) How did it feel to be #59, lover? (Just as yummy as it did to be #49, I'm sure.)

Back up though... why is it important to be one of the first 100 in line you ask? Because the first 100 people got one of these...


And yes... you saw tents. Much more burrito-dedicated people than myself actually camped outside the door to be the first to get their free burrito. Including someone you may know as Drew Winter with his wife Lori. (Side note- I am an idiot and tried to yell at Drew to get his attention to say hello. If you know him, you know why I am an idiot. Gave the Holtz's a good laugh...)

So if you're ever interested in having dinner with the Wagoner's on say maybe a Tuesday night after 7:00... you'll know where to find us. Come join us. We'll be happy to save you a seat. We might even save you some queso.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, now that is true devotion! Wish I knew some of those cool peeps to give me the heads up. I would have taken it into consideration when planning the Kindermusik thing.

Four Better or Worse!?!?! said...

You truly are dedicated! How I love me some Moes and the Homewrecker! Good for you to be hooked up for a year with them!

Shawn said...

Now that is one useful ticket! I'm impressed Wags, very impressed.

O Fam said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! Sounds good to me!