8.27.2008

Feeling a little lost...

On Monday I did something unbelieveable... a little test run for a trip I'm taking in October. I left my baby girl in Ohio with her Mia and Papaw and I won't get her back 'til Friday. Let me tell you I'm feeling a little lost without my shadow by my side. I miss her so badly I can hardly stand it right now, and it'll still be two whole days 'til I get her back.

The good news is she doesn't even know I'm gone. :) Good news because I know she'll handle it fine now when I skip the country come October. Mia (my mom) bought a crib last month for all her grandbabies, which my 20 year old brother graciously houses in his bedroom. (How sweet is that? Mom said he's never once complained about the baby bed in his room.) The crib however is right next to the lightswitch... which she discovered this morning I'm told. :) My brother awoke early to on-off-on-off...giggle...on-off-on-off-etc. I think you've got the picture. I'm told he unscrewed the lightbult, but the sound of the switch was enough to amuse her. I guess it went on for a while. What a smart girl. :)


Speaking of smart girl... if you know me you know that Reese has heard a piano playing since her little ears popped out of her head in my tummy. My dad tells me that a girl was playing the piano on tv the other day, and she left her pile of toys to go and watch her on television. When the playing stopped, she returned back to her toys and proceeded to play again. How cute is that?


That's Mama's girl!


This is Mama's girl too... sitting in the 3rd generation rocking chair that her Mia, Mama, Aunts, and Uncle used to play on, smiling sweetly for her 1 year picture, going up on my wall very soon.


Ooh, I love these. (Photo taken by my mom and edited by yours truly.) I'm seriously thinking of taking up photography in the very near future. I mean... how sweet is this?

So what's a Mama doing with all her free time while her baby's away at Mia's?

Turning my kitchen red for one thing. And tomorrow is gonna be all about some cupcakes and a homemade smash cake for my girl's 1st birthday party in Ohio this weekend. We'll see if it's blogworthy or not.

Look out Martha Stewart... Wags is getting out her cake pan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather, I remember that first "test run" when we left Taylor for the first time! Wish I could tell you it gets easier. It isn't the same kind of "feeling a little lost," but sometimes it still feels lost! :)

Love the red -- have it in my office! I had a red kitchen before we moved here and I miss it. I will look gorgeous with those white cabinets!!

She's beautiful! Enjoy your time with your man!

Blessings,
Dori

Big Nanny said...

Okay, because my child is living her first week away from home, this post made me a little emotional. I'm just warning you...I may cry at your child's first bday party:)

Those pictures are beautiful!

Erin said...

Wow, I'm really impressed by the pictures! You did a beautiful job and what a beautiful little girl.
I hope this doesn't get posted 3 times...that's how many tries it took me to get the blurry letters right!

Amanda said...

O my goodness! Thats a long time w/o your baby!! I am leaving in October for the first time ever away from Nathan. I think I may quite possibly die. NOT lol :) Im flying to Carolina to see Emily Abrams, and gone for 4 days!!! No kids!!!! I've left Jake for only 1 day,(in 3 1/2 years) and NEVER natey! I wanna take Nate cause he can sit on my lap on the plane for free, but Rodney thinks I could use the break for the kids and relax! what a hubby I tell ya! 2 kids are definatley different than 1- thats all I have to say- but- I hope you make it till Friday:) she is soooooooooooooooooo precious! I think I might hang a 11x13 of her on my wall too :) lol