8.04.2008

The View from Where I'm Sitting

Nice isn't it? The view from Sterling Shores. Within walking distance to The Back Porch and Grazie... my two favorite Destin restaraunts. Always a bittersweet time when this is the view from where I'm sitting, 'cause it means another summer is over. Not quite as bittersweet as usual however, because somehow even though this summer was just as crammed full of things as our summers always are, it really didn't seem to fly by as quickly for me this year. I've savored every minute of my first summer as a Mama. It's been completely wonderful.

The only thing that could make this year's Destin trip any better would be the addition of four others who are far far away right now... you know who you are. :) As much fun as Reese is having playing in the sand with Mama and Nana, I'm sure Hannah and Hudson could teach her a thing or two about sandcastles. We miss you guys.

Kudos to my hubby... He did his research and found a place to take me dancing last night. Or so we thought. Didn't quite turn out to be the place we thought (though we had a blast watching the 40 and over crowd make complete fools of themselves... ha ha) That didn't stop Reagan though. We found a boat a few docks down playing live music, and a couple docks down from there we made our own dance floor, watching a couple cranes chill out on a neighboring yacht. What a sweet evening. I love him... :)

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

I thought that you had some independent baptist roots but now I know for sure...you are wearing that rebellious bikini and you're out dancing and posting it on the blog. You must have forgotten to pack your cullotes? Rock on sister!