7.30.2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Tomorrow is my last full day at home, and I feel a little bad because I should be more excited to get back and see my husband after 2 1/2 weeks. It's not that I am not super duper excited to see him... just means it's time to go, and I must be honest, home has never felt more like home in my life and I'm not looking forward to it one little bit. My baby girl is now mocking many things that her one-year-older-cousin does, and I like the idea of Eden Grace being Reese's closest playmate. In my book, that's the way it should be. I got to be here when my sister got engaged... when my dad got the good news about his cancer... got my hair cut by my old stylist... got to watch Reese and my grandparents (still only in their upper 60's) spend time playing together... got to watch her cousin teach her how to dig around in the sandbox... to watch her like sitting and playing with her Uncle Ryan. (Give it another year and let him pick at her and aggravate her a little more and I'm sure that'll change, but... nonetheless.) :)

I read a quote once that said "Don't be sorry it's over... be glad it happened."

I'll be working on that...

1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

Yes, be glad it happened but now it's time to come home. I need to see my baby! Have a fun time at the beach.