7.17.2008

And they're off...

See the slightly older than the rest, but incredibly
handsome looking guy, about third from the left in the back row? We affectionately refer to each other as "lover". That is my 26 year old husband and after I looked at this picture it hit me that 5 families entrusted their highschool and college students to him yesterday. Kinda crazy, huh? What a fun team. I was so incredibly jealous yesterday that they were taking off without me. Sorry Reese... come October, you're staying home with your Mia. (I know, I say that now but... can't wait for that post, huh?)

Well, after four flights and nearly 24 hours, they've finally hit their hotel room where they will sleep and then get up for one more flight before reaching their destination. Yesterday I was sad and a little scared... today I am pumped and cannot wait to hear all of the incredible things God is going to do with these guys. I've taken a very similar trip two years ago and I know how my worldview was changed.


My normally very frugal husband decided to cough up the $.25 that will show up on our verizon bill and send me this picture via our cell phones of their first very modern Asianese hotel room. It's his brother showing me the see thru shower- I'm sure that won't be awkward at all. ha ha Trust me... nothing they stay in after this night will be anything of the sort.

Get ready to say hello to the squatty.













They'll be kissing their little western potties hello once they hit that place on the way back! :)

Praise God they've made it safely so far. Seeing as how it is after midnight on Thursday where they are now, they'll sleep "tonight" and take one more flight to their destination tomorrow. Pray for this team for the next ten days!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I know the squatty potty well!!! I'll be praying for the team.