7.08.2008

VBS Water Wars 2008

Yes, this post is super tardy, but seeing as how my husband came home after the very last night with the most horrible stomach bug I've ever witnessed, in turn taking up my entire Saturday in which I was caring for him and Reese and getting ready for our busy next week out of town... the blog is just now arriving.


This years VBS was by far one of the best VBS's I've ever had the priviliege of being a part of. In the end 1150+ kids (3 yrs - 6th grade) came in and out the doors each day, not counting the 400+ volunteers, and the coolest part was that hundreds of decisions were made for Christ, including the 16 kids that were baptized on Family Night. The skits at the end were of course the highlight of each day (for kids and parents alike!) How in the world we ever got Darth Vader, Captain Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones, Hannah Montana, and the Kung Fu Panda all in the same story and made it make sense, I'll never know... it was awesome though. :) I have all of those on video, each of which will be uploaded to YouTube eventually. I'll let you all know when that 's finished.


And yes, I am a glutton for punishment, and in some sick way enjoy the challenge of working both day and night vbs, and still making and having dinner there each night... only once did we order pizza. Yay for us.


I spent most of my time capturing the week on camera. Here's four minutes of what I recorded...



No comments: