7.26.2008

Reasons to Celebrate

Tomorrow is my niece's 2nd birthday, and today was her party. I broke down and let Reese have her very first brownie and cookie today to celebrate with her cousin. My girl thought she was in chocolate heaven... (my niece has a boatload of allergies, but LOVES these cookies my sister is able to make for her... hence the absence of a cake.)











Eden Grace wasn't the only girl with a reason to celebrate, however. Her Aunt Shi-Shi (my sister Ashley) got a big ol' gift today, too...

My baby sister got engaged today!!! She and her fiance have been together since their junior year of high school. She's 24 now, so needless to say, he's already been part of the family for quite a while. Here's a picture of the happy couple arriving at the birthday party, telling everyone their big news... I think she just walked to the back yard and shouted "I'M ENGAGED!"

Too sweet! Michael, her fiance, had already filled us in, so we knew what was coming. He told her that his car had broken down and she needed to come get him for the party. When she got there a table was covered in candles that spelled "I LOVE YOU" with a Bible opened to I Corinthians 13. A note said "read verse 7" which says "Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." After she read it she looked up as he walked into the room, bent down on one knee, and I'm sure you know how the rest went. Their dating anniversary is July 11. It's always been my sister's dream to be married on that day. It falls on a Saturday next summer, so... looks like she's gonna get her wish!

No comments: