7.08.2008

Staff Retreat

Our 4th of July week started off with a trip to Pin Oak Lake for our annual Staff Retreat. We have yet in 5 years of staff retreating to make it there on time.... which should our first year with a baby be any different? Not that it had anything to do with Reese whatsoever- it's nice to have a kid to blame it on though isn't it?

Every year previously that I have been (and haven't been pregnant), PT has insisted (and Mikel has challenged) that we ski at least once. I give this man much credit for getting my long, wobbly, uncoordinated legs up on ski's period. (something I was never able to accomplish as I was growing up) This year however, I couldn't wait to get on the water. Get ready for this though... not only did I ski- Reagan AND I skied together... AT THE SAME TIME.


Of course when my dad saw this he pointed out my poor posture, but I didn't care one bit. I also didn't care one bit that it took us five times trying. This is sheer athleticism at it's greatest right here. (I will mention that I got up the first time every time... evidently it doesn't take as much force to get me out of the water as it does my studly husband.)

Now that you've oooed and aaahhhed over our skiing abilities, I feel it necessary to share a bit of the beating I took from my larger-than-me-studly-husband. Take a look...

This is only a taste of what he did to me in those five-times-trying. Unfortunately the camera wasn't rolling at the end of our two minute stint when some unruly tubers messed up our glass-like water as we were coming together to hold hands for a Christmas Card picture... :) All I remember is that all 200+ pounds of him came crashing into me at probably 27-28 miles an hour (maybe I'm exaggering... I really don't have a clue) and skis went flying into the air, landing soundly on the tiny bones in my right foot. My freshly pedicured suntanned foot went red, black, and blue immediately... almost sounds patriotic. Ouch. I wish I could've seen the crash... probably pretty stinking hillarious. :) In the end we were pretty proud of our little feat. Fun memories made behind PT's ski boat.


So as if I hadn't taken enough of a beating on the skis... Kaleigh decided she'd like to take a tube ride, and she wanted me to come along. SURE I said- sounds like fun. Note to self: always define what a teenager thinks a fun tube ride is before you hop on blindly. The picture doesn't show the amount of skin I left behind on that lake as the tube ground it slowly off my elbow. Ouch again... more fun times with sweet Kaleigh nonetheless.

Somehow BigNanny made it all the way to Pin Oak and once she got there both of the tires on the right side of her vehicle had gone flat. Amazing. I imagine she may have been especially distraught because her mr-car-fix-it husband wasn't there to rescue her.

Never fear Angela dear... all of the pastor's are here.

So one might ask- how many pastors does it take to fix a flat tire? Let's count...


Where is Reese in all of this? Well, I'm glad you asked... :)





1 comment:

Big Nanny said...

Who's hot pink pedicured toes are in that first video????

I witnessed the 200 pound collision...not pretty.

Yes, the two flat tires about did me in. I've been married to LM for almost 19 years and I've never had to deal with such problems. Thanks Reagan for letting me show you how to change a flat tire;)