7.15.2008

Rambling through the Exhaustion

I don't even know why I am still up right now... we just got home last night from an awesome time at Ridgecrest, but I cannot describe how exhausted I became on the trip home. No amount of sleep last night has cured it yet, and now for the past hour I've been a weepy mess 'cause I'm sending my lover to the other side of the world tomorrow and will not see him again for a little over two weeks. Crying and thinking too much doesn't do much to rest your mind or body, let me tell you.

I'm not handling this as well as I thought I would, and have no idea how in the world how my sister in law ever did this for so many years with her hubby going time and time again... multiple times each year. I am overjoyed for HER that they are going... if it were me I'd probably bawl my eyes out the second I saw my brothers step off that plane. What relief it has to be to see them as I am sure culture shock has set in pretty well after the first three months. There is a suitcase full of fun familiar things on its way to their family with our team that I wish I could fill twice as full for them... I can't imagine ice cube trays, dr. pepper, grits, and a can of sage becoming a luxury in life... nevertheless, they are on their way. (probably returning from whence they came, you think?) :)

I put things into perspective just a bit for myself by remembering over and over again that it's only ten days and I'm not sending him into combat for a year. Gives me a whole new respect for military wives, let me tell you... If you are one of the handful of people reading this, please pray for this team over the next ten days.

As for me, my brain is finished for the day and severely tired... I think I will sleep now.

No comments: